Web Designer Responsibilities include:
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
Frequently asked questions
What does a Web Designer do?
Web Designers work to create the look and feel for websites. They're responsible for coding web pages or entire sites, meeting with clients to review template designs and refine their final product, as well as running tests that preview how these changes will affect layout/design features on their client’s webpage before it's released.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Web Designer?
Web Designers are in charge of turning the customer’s thoughts into an appealing design. They work closely with each client, using their expertise and skills to create a visually pleasing website that functions properly when uploaded onto web servers. Their responsibilities include creating color schemes and coding sites' navigation efficiently so users can find exactly where they need to go without getting lost.
What makes a good Web Designer?
Web Designers who are successful at work have a good visual design sense, the ability to work well with clients’ requests, and experience coding websites.
Who does a Web Designer work with?
Web Designers execute the visual design stages of a website. They work with clients to understand their preferences with design, and work closely with a UI Designer, to help with visual design in different stages.