UI Designer job description
A User Interface (UI) Designer is a professional who collaborates with a User Experience (UX) designer to create an intuitive and visually appealing interface for product design. They focus on the look and feel of the interface to ensure a seamless user experience.
This User Interface (UI) Designer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
UI Designer responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Frequently asked questions
What does a UI Designer do?
The UI Designer's main responsibility is to create a visually stunning and intuitive interface for users of websites, applications, or even games. They determine how people navigate from point A to B via different touchpoints. This includes everything seen within an app, such as menu bar options or inventory screens in games. They are primarily responsible for how a user interacts with the application, whereas a UX designer is concerned with how that interaction feels.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a UI Designer?
UI designers are the bridge between user needs and business outcomes. They help to gather requirements and develop designs for different platforms or devices that work in tandem with engineers' wireframes and codebase implementation plans; they also provide feedback on these decisions through sketches & prototypes (including interactive ones).
What makes a good UI Designer?
A UI Designer needs to be consistent in their designs above all. They need to have great attention to detail in order to bring the design to life in line with what is required in the original concepts. They need to work in concert with the UX Designer (User Experience) to ensure their interactions feel as good as they look.
Who does a UI Designer work with?
A UI Designer most closely works with the UX Designer. They will report to a Senior UI Designer or a Product Manager. In some cases, they may have a centralized UX team to report to, a product team, or a hybrid of both.
Hiring UI Designer job description
Post this UI Designer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.