This is a cold email template you can use when sourcing and recruiting developers for an open position in your company. Use this template to compose informative and appealing emails that will save you time and are more likely to get a positive response. You can easily customize this sourcing developer candidates email template to keep a more formal or informal tone, aligned with your company culture.
Developers play an important role in various industries, as they’re responsible for building and maintaining functional software. To find qualified developer candidates, search for specific skill sets and tap multiple sources. Here’s how:
- Search developer communities like GitHub and Stack Overflow
- Engage in social recruitment (like Facebook groups and Twitter lists)
- Look in obscure channels like Slack and Meetup
- Use Boolean search strings
When you come across an interesting profile, gather as much information as you can before sending the person a recruiting email. Personalize your message to potential candidates by clearly mentioning what attracted you to them and why you think they’ll be a good fit for your open role. Avoid usual buzzwords and jargon phrases, like “ninja engineers” and “rock-star developers.” Ask your development team to guide you in identifying candidates whose backgrounds fit the role.
Keep in mind that developers are usually in demand, especially the most senior among them. To attract qualified developer candidates, offer them compelling reasons to consider your company. Are you working on a project within their field of expertise? Do you offer special benefits to your engineering team? Mention something that would intrigue the specific person you’re contacting to get them to look your way.
As with all sourcing emails to passive candidates, make sure you provide relevant information (your name, your company and contact details) and a clear call to action. And if this is an EU candidate, make sure to include a link to your privacy notice as the GDPR requires.
Sourcing candidates? People Search from Workable is the fastest, most effective way to find email addresses, resumes, social and professional profiles.
Recruiting developers email template
Here are some examples of cold recruiting emails to developer candidates:
Subject line: [Company_name] is looking for a [job_title] / Interested in joining our team at [Company_name]?
I am [your name], [your job_title] at [Company_name].
- I saw your profile on [e.g. GitHub] and I was really impressed by your project on [add specific achievement that caught your eye]. At [Company_name], we are working on similar projects and we’re currently looking to expand our team with a qualified [job_title – add link to the job description.] I’d love to tell you more about this position and discuss how we could achieve great things together.
- I saw on your [e.g. Meetup or Twitter] profile that you regularly participate in [e.g. Game Development and Mobile Technology] [meetings/events/seminars.] We always enjoy working with people who are interested in expanding their knowledge and can bring new ideas. Currently, we’re looking for a [job_title – add link to the job description] to join our development team. I’d love to tell you a little more about this position and learn a few things about you, as well.
- We met [e.g. recently / around 2 months ago], when you applied for the [Job_title] position. Even though we decided to move on with a different candidate at that time, we’ve kept you in mind for future openings. Particularly, your [e.g. positive attitude during the interview or performance on the written assignment] really stood out. We feel you’d be a good fit for our [job_title – add link to the job description.] I’d love to learn about what you’ve been up to since we last met and tell you a little bit more about this position.
- Members of our team were really impressed by your performance at [e.g. Hackathon or Open Source project] [mention specific achievement and/or comments from your engineering team.] Here, at [Company_name], we are always looking to collaborate with talented people and build great products together. Currently, we’d like to grow our team with a [job_title – add link to the job description] who will take on [add engineering project.] I’d love to tell you a little more about this position and learn a few things about you, as well.
Are you available [include date and time or a period of time, e.g. ‘sometime this week’]? If so, I’d be happy to set up a call. I’m also happy to discuss the role via email or LinkedIn, if you prefer.
I hope you have a great day,
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial