Software Developer responsibilities include:
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Testing and deploying programs and systems
- Fixing and improving existing software
We are looking for a Software Developer to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Software Developer do?
A Software Developer designs and builds computer programs that power mobile devices, desktop computers, and even cars. They not only identify user needs but also create new applications for any given market while making improvements based on feedback from users.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Software Developer?
Software Developers have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as creating efficient algorithms, producing clean code, integrating third-party programs into systems, and identifying areas of improvement based on user feedback.
What makes a good Software Developer?
A good Software Developer will have a deep understanding of programming languages and the software development life-cycle, as well as excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
Who does a Software Developer work with?
Typically, Software Developers work with a team of other developers, such as a Full Stack Developer, in order to create great software for their clients.