Security Guard job description
This Security Guard job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Security Guard responsibilities include:
- Protecting company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Acting lawfully in direct defense of life or property
We are looking for a professional Security Guard to protect our premises, assets and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions.
The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
- Protect company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment
- Perform first aid or CPR
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Security Guard or relevant position
- Trained security officer with diploma
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity and professionalism
- High school degree
Hiring Security Guard job description
Post this Security Guard job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.