This Sales Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Sales Assistant Responsibilities
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Assist with the sales process by maintaining a fully stocked store
We are looking for a competitive retail Sales Assistant to help customers identify and purchase products they desire. Sales assistant duties include selling, restocking and merchandising. The goal is to provide high class customer service and to increase company’s growth and revenue through sales maximisation.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Actively involve in the receiving of new shipments
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
- Follow all companies policies and procedures
- Proven working experience in retail sales
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Basic administration skills
- High school degree
- Source and recruit Sales Assistants with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.
- Assess relevant skills and qualifications with our Sales Assistant interview questions.