This Sales Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Sales Assistant responsibilities include:
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Assist with the sales process by maintaining a fully stocked store
We are looking for a competitive retail Sales Assistant to help customers identify and purchase products they desire. Sales Assistant duties include selling, restocking and merchandising. The goal is to provide high class customer service and to increase company’s growth and revenue through sales maximisation.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Actively involve in the receiving of new shipments
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
- Follow all companies policies and procedures
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in retail sales
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Basic administration skills
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Sales Assistant do?
The day-to-day work of a Sales Assistant includes greeting customers as they enter their store and answering questions about products or services. In addition, they help customers find what they need and inform them of price changes.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Assistant?
A Sales Assistant is responsible for greeting and serving customers as they enter their store and advising them on products or services available in-store. They may also assist during complaints about items not working correctly when purchased from that particular location.
What makes a Good Sales Assistant?
A successful Sales Assistant should have excellent communication skills and understand customer requests properly. They need to have grounded problem-solving skills and an ability to think on their feet.
Who does a Sales Assistant work with?
A Sales Assistant works alongside a Cashier. The Sales Assistant directs the customer to Cashiers when customers are ready to purchase items. They might take over any Cashier duties when understaffed and vice versa.