This Nursing Supervisor job description template can help you clarify the position’s duties and attract candidates who possess the most essential qualifications.
Nursing Supervisor Responsibilities
- Scheduling nurses’ shifts
- Assigning nurses to patients
- Ensuring nursing operational standards are met
We are looking for a qualified nursing supervisor to oversee patients and manage the nursing team of our facility.
Our ideal candidate has solid experience as a registered nurse and is able to handle stressful situations. This position also requires team management skills and a problem-solving attitude. Further training in management or administration would be a bonus.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure smooth nursing operation at our facility through day-to-day management and long term planning.
- Schedule nurses’ shifts
- Assign nurses to patients
- Ensure nursing operational standards are met
- Provide reports on productivity, quality and customer service metrics
- Ensure all nurses follow policies and procedures
- Train new team members
- Evaluate nurses’ performance
- Inform family members about medical procedures and doctors’ instructions
- Handle complaints or other issues
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing psychological support to patients, family and friends
- Keep records of nurses’ files, patients’ cases and procedures
- Proven work experience as a nursing supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
- Thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Team management skills
- Great communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- BSc or diploma in nursing; training in healthcare administration is a plus
- Valid nursing license