Use this Nonprofit CFO job description template to attract qualified candidates for your nonprofit organization who have extensive experience in Finance.
Nonprofit CFO responsibilities include:
- Overseeing cash flow management
- Tracking important KPIs and analyzing trends
- Forecasting return on investment (ROI) for current and future programs
We are looking for a CFO to join our nonprofit organization and manage all financial aspects, including investments and audit activities.
Nonprofit CFO responsibilities include overseeing cash flow planning, preparing and reviewing budgets and tracking operational metrics (KPIs.) To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models.
Ultimately, you will ensure we manage our resources in the most beneficial way and help maximize our funding.
- Oversee cash flow management
- Track important KPIs and analyze trends
- Forecast return on investment (ROI) for current and future programs
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Inform key stakeholders of financial status and investment plans
- Ensure all financial operations comply with federal and state laws
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to executives and board of directors
- Coordinate audit activities
- Represent the company to investors and public officials
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure smooth day-to-day transactions
- Proven work experience as a CFO, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Analytical skills
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple language
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Genuine interest in our mission
- BSc or MSc in Finance, Accounting or relevant field