Nanny job description
A Nanny is a childcare professional who takes care of children at the home of their clients. They do this by completing household chores, transporting them and preparing meals.
Use this Nanny job description template to hire qualified babysitters for your facilities management company or child care center. Feel free to edit the nanny responsibilities list to fit your needs. Similar job titles include Babysitter.
Nanny duties include:
- Organizing creative activities and educational games
- Preparing kids’ meals and feeding them (including bottle-feeding for babies)
- Changing diapers and bathing infants
We are looking for a Nanny to join our team and provide excellent childcare to our clients’ families.
What do Nannies do?
As a Nanny, you’ll take care of children, keep them safe and clean, plan meals for them and organize creative and educational activities based on their age. Occasionally, you’ll need to pick them up from school or other extracurricular activities.
If you love working – and playing – with children and, also feel comfortable handling the less appealing tasks, such as changing diapers and tidying up children’s rooms, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll reassure parents that, even when they’re not around, their children remain in a safe and pleasant environment.
- Organize creative activities and educational games (e.g. drawing, crafting and puppet games)
- Prepare children’s meals and feed them (including bottle-feeding for babies)
- Change diapers and bathe infants
- Help older children wash up and take baths
- Schedule nap times
- Teach children appropriate social behaviors, such as being respectful to each other and helping out with chores
- Transport children to and from school and extracurricular activities
- Tidy up play areas and children’s rooms
- Assist young students with homework
- Ensure children’s safety during indoors and outdoors activities
- Take care of children in case of injury or illness
- Perform housekeeping tasks as needed
- Work with parents to ensure children’s growth and social development
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a Nanny or Babysitter
- Excellent understanding of child development in different age stages
- Ability to come up with creative ideas to educate and engage children
- Multitasking skills
- A pleasant and patient personality
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends, in the evenings and occasionally full days
- A clean driving license
- High school diploma; further training in child development is a plus
- First aid certification is a plus
You can download this nanny job description example in pdf format.
Frequently asked questions
What does a Nanny do?
A Nanny provides children with the care they need so that parents can focus on other responsibilities. They cook meals and do household chores, such as laundry or grocery shopping, while watching their children.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Nanny?
A Nanny takes on various responsibilities throughout their day, ranging from cooking meals to transporting kids. Most importantly, they care for and supervise children.
What makes a good Nanny?
A good Nanny must have sound judgment and share responsibility with parents in raising children. A successful Nanny must respect the wishes and traditions of the parents to care for the child properly.
Who does a Nanny work with?
A Nanny takes care of one or multiple children in the parents' home, and they may work directly with the children’s Teachers if they help with homework. They are responsible for completing household chores, preparing meals and transporting kids to school.
Hiring Nanny job description
Post this Nanny job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.