This Materials Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Materials Manager Responsibilities
- Collaborating with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchasing supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinating and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
We are looking for an experienced Materials manager to manage inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies used in our company.
Materials managers have experience in supply chain and inventory control. They are characterized by excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are qualities the ideal candidate must possess.
The goal is to ensure our operations have always an adequate flow of the material they need.
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Proven experience as materials manager
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of SAP MM
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- BSc/BA in logistics or relevant field