Use this Marketing Operations Manager job description template to advertise open roles for your company. Be sure to modify requirements and duties based on the unique needs of the role you’re hiring for.
What is a Marketing Operations Manager?
A Marketing Operations Manager is a pivotal figure within a marketing team, responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the marketing department. This includes the implementation and management of marketing technologies, streamlining lead management processes, and optimizing marketing strategies to improve conversion rates.
The role demands a blend of technical and analytical skills to evaluate and enhance the efficiency of marketing activities, ensuring that the marketing efforts are aligned with the company’s growth objectives.
What does a Marketing Operations Manager do?
A Marketing Operations Manager plays a crucial role in enhancing the effectiveness of marketing efforts through the strategic use of technology, data analysis, and process optimization. They are responsible for identifying technology needs, leading the implementation of marketing automation and CRM integrations, and managing incoming leads.
Additionally, they execute email campaigns, in-app messaging, and other strategies to improve conversion rates. By designing and maintaining reports on e-commerce activity, they provide insights that drive decision-making. Collaborating with various departments, they ensure a cohesive approach to creating campaigns that boost e-commerce bookings.
Their work involves evaluating new technologies, optimizing user funnels, and conducting experiments to enhance the customer experience across multiple channels.
Marketing Operations Manager responsibilities include:
- Identifying and implementing new marketing technologies.
- Managing lead flow and coordinating with sales.
- Planning and executing conversion optimization strategies.
- Designing, building, and maintaining marketing performance reporting.
We’re seeking a Marketing Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
In this role, you’ll spearhead the optimization of our marketing operations, from technology implementation to lead management and conversion strategies. Your expertise will guide the planning and execution of email campaigns, in-app messaging, and other initiatives aimed at improving trial and upsell conversions.
Collaborating across departments, you’ll drive e-commerce bookings and refine our marketing funnel. If you’re ambitious, results-driven, and ready to impact our marketing efficiency directly, we’d love to hear from you.
- Identify and implement new marketing technologies.
- Lead the integration of marketing automation and CRM systems.
- Manage incoming leads and coordinate handoff to sales.
- Plan and execute strategies to improve trial and upsell conversion rates.
- Design, build, and maintain reports on e-commerce activity.
- Execute and measure conversion tests and experiments.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize landing pages and marketing funnels.
- Evaluate customer experience across multiple channels and touchpoints.
- Optimize user funnels and instrument conversion points.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for potential adoption.
Requirements and skills
- BS/MS degree in finance, economics, mathematics, science, marketing, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in digital marketing or e-commerce.
- Experience optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Omniture).
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Marketing Operations Manager do?
- A Marketing Operations Manager optimizes marketing processes and technologies to improve lead management, conversion rates, and overall marketing efficiency.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Operations Manager?
- They manage marketing technologies, lead flow, execute conversion strategies, and maintain marketing performance reporting.
- What makes a good Marketing Operations Manager?
- A good Marketing Operations Manager is analytical, tech-savvy, results-driven, and possesses strong project management and communication skills.
- Who does a Marketing Operations Manager work with?
- They collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success teams to create and drive effective marketing campaigns.
- How does a Marketing Operations Manager impact the marketing strategy?
- A Marketing Operations Manager significantly impacts the marketing strategy by leveraging data and technology to streamline operations, enhance customer experiences, and drive targeted campaigns that increase conversions and contribute to the company's growth.