This is a sample of Marketing Consultant interview questions to ask your candidates. They can help you evaluate their qualifications and choose the perfect fit for your company.
Marketing Consultant Interview Questions
Marketing Consultants create and implement marketing strategies. They can work in any organization as in-house consultants. They can also work in marketing firms. The following interview questions address both scenarios.
In both cases, your ideal candidates should have thorough knowledge of consumer behavior and product positioning. You should look for candidates who are familiar with market research and are able to interpret business metrics.
Our interview questions will help you track down essential skills for the marketing consultant position. You should look for people who are creative and goal-oriented. Communication and analytical skills are also key job requirements. For the best results, tailor these questions carefully to ensure your candidates understand your business’s specific goals.
Operational and Situational questions
For a consulting firm
- How has your previous experience prepared you for this position?
- How do you prioritize when you have to meet different clients under strict deadlines?
- How do you prepare your presentations?
- What brand or sector would you most want to work for and why?
For an in-house consultant
- Describe your previous experience as part of a team. What was your role?
- Are you familiar with / Have you ever used our products?
- Who do you think our customers are?
- How would you advise us to increase our market share?
- What is your experience in marketing?
- Are you familiar with market analysis and market segmentation?
- How familiar are you with statistical analysis software? Name any relevant tools you have used before.
- Describe the relationship between content marketing and SEO.
- Talk about your experience with mobile marketing.
- Between blogs, ebooks, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, what medium would you choose to engage more customers?
- Describe the process of positioning.
- What steps would you follow to launch a new product within three months?
- Describe a marketing campaign you worked on that failed. What happened and what did you learn from the experience?
- Have you ever suggested a new marketing strategy that the company didn’t want to follow? What happened?
- What has been your most significant achievement so far?