What is a management trainee?
A management trainee works under the supervision of managers and executives in organizations. Their goal is to acquire all essential knowledge to become future managers, often in particular fields, such as marketing, sales, or operations.
What does a management trainee do?
Management trainees may often rotate to different company departments (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.) to learn all company functions, policies, and staff duties. They contribute to strategic planning and help evaluate employee and department performance (e.g. analyzing, writing reports).
Management trainee duties include:
- Understanding how a company operates
- Supporting managers with various tasks (e.g. policy making, goal setting)
- Learning to evaluate performance
Management roles have various responsibilities and requirements based on the industry. To craft an effective management trainee job description, make sure to clearly specify the details and scope of the particular role you’re hiring for.
We are looking for a management trainee to help us develop and implement our growth strategies. This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience in a managerial role with advancement potential.
During your traineeship, you’ll learn how to identify and apply important strategies and business processes. You’ll get to know the nuts and bolts of our company’s functions and operations and you’ll support our management team with daily tasks such as allocating budget and crafting performance reports. To succeed in this role, strong analytical skills and effective communication are important management trainee qualifications you should have.
If you’re excited with our company’s vision and want to start the path of becoming one of our future leaders, we’d like to hear from you.
- Help managers complete daily tasks (e.g. implementing new policies)
- Understand each department’s (e.g. Marketing, Sales) daily processes and goals
- Provide administrative support (e.g. data entry)
- Get familiar with personnel duties
- Participate in company’s strategic planning
- Help managers in evaluating performance (e.g. writing reports, analyzing data)
- Keep track of business revenue
- Research ways to increase profitability and lower risk
- Create and give presentations
- Experience in management or similar/relevant field (e.g. Sales, Customer Services, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Excellent math and computational ability
- Effective communication skills
- A degree in Management or Business