This Legal Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Legal Administrative Assistant, Paralegal and Legal Secretary.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handling communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Legal administrative support for trials
We are looking for a self motivated Legal assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organisational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma