Legal Assistant responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handling communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Legal administrative support for trials
We are looking for a self motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as Legal Assistant or Legal Secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organisational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma