Use this IT Trainer job description to advertise your open roles on job boards and careers pages. Feel free to add any specific requirements that meet your needs.
IT Trainer responsibilities include:
- Conducting IT skills gap analyses among employees
- Designing technical manuals using simple language
- Performing role-specific training on tools and programs each team uses daily
We are looking for an IT Trainer to prepare and conduct employee training courses on IT skills and proper computer usage.
IT Trainer responsibilities include identifying educational needs, designing educational material and ensuring all employees take basic computer training. If you know how to design engaging courses to explain technical procedures and best practices, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure employees develop their IT skills to keep our computer workstations secure.
- Conduct IT skills gap analyses
- Design technical manuals using simple language
- Conduct role-specific training on tools and programs each team uses daily
- Research and recommend learning systems (like TalentLMS and WiZDOM Enterprise)
- Apply educational methods to engage trainees (e.g. gamification-based platforms)
- Train new employees on proper use of hardware and software
- Perform regular organization-wide trainings on system security
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each educational session
- Maintain updated records of training curriculum and materials
- Review company policies on computer use and cyber security
- Proven work experience as an IT Trainer, Technical Trainer or similar role
- Experience designing technical course material
- Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques
- Good understanding of corporate computer security principles
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms plainly
- BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in training (e.g. Certified Technical Trainer) is a plus