This IT Analyst job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
IT Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Understanding business and technology needs
- Designing, analyzing and implementing efficient IT systems
- Gathering feedback from end users to continue improving systems
We are looking for an IT Analyst to design and implement functional and cost-efficient IT systems.
In this role, you should be highly analytical and able to understand business needs. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential. If you also have hands-on experience with technical projects, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to leverage technology to meet organizational needs.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Develop and analyze functional specifications
- Design efficient IT systems to meet business and technology needs
- Coordinate developers to build and implement technology solutions
- Integrate multiple systems and reconcile needs of different teams
- Gather feedback from end users about system performance
- Plan and oversee projects (e.g. upgrades, hardware/software installations)
- Provide advice and technical training
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments
- Proven experience as an IT Analyst, IT Consultant or similar role
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Understanding of business practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field