IT Analyst job description
Use this IT Analyst job description template to attract and hire qualified candidates for your IT department. Feel free to adjust job duties and requirements based on your business needs.
IT Analyst responsibilities include:
- Understanding business and technology needs
- Designing, analyzing and implementing efficient IT systems
- Gathering feedback from end users to continue improving systems
We are looking for an IT Analyst to design and implement functional and cost-efficient IT systems.
IT Analyst responsibilities include prioritizing user requirements, overseeing system upgrades and researching new tools. In this role, you should be highly analytical and able to understand business needs. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential. If you also have hands-on experience with technical projects, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to leverage tech solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Develop and analyze functional specifications
- Design efficient IT systems to meet business and technology needs
- Coordinate developers to build and implement technology solutions
- Integrate multiple systems and reconcile needs of different teams
- Gather feedback from end users about system performance
- Plan and oversee projects (e.g. upgrades, hardware/software installations)
- Provide advice and technical training
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an IT Analyst, IT Consultant or similar role
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Understanding of business practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Hiring IT Analyst job description
Post this IT Analyst job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.