This IT Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is an IT Coordinator?
An IT Coordinator is a professional responsible for maintaining and managing information technology systems and networks within an organization. They ensure the functionality and efficiency of computer and telecom systems by establishing protocols, providing technical support, and advising on IT choices.
What does an IT Coordinator do?
An IT Coordinator performs various tasks to maintain IT systems, including installing and configuring software and hardware, monitoring system performance, troubleshooting issues, and providing technical support and training. They act as a link between end users and higher-level support, collaborate with other professionals, and ensure compliance with IT standards and functionality. Their role involves both technical and administrative responsibilities in managing IT systems within an organization.
IT Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Instituting protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Providing advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Providing technical support or training for systems and networks
We are seeking a skilled IT Coordinator to join our team and take responsibility for maintaining our information technology systems and networks. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the functionality and efficiency of our computer and telecom systems.
As an IT Coordinator, you must have extensive knowledge of software, hardware, and networks. You will be responsible for performing both technical and administrative tasks, requiring critical thinking and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail. Effective end user support and teamwork are vital components of this role, so excellent communication and people skills are required to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
By leveraging your expertise, you will contribute to the seamless operation of our IT infrastructure, ensuring optimal functionality and efficiency to support our organization’s goals.
Join our team and play a key role in maintaining our technology systems and driving our business forward.
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Act as link between end users and higher level support
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as IT coordinator or similar role
- Experience in network management and help desk support is appreciated
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- BSc/BA in information technology or computer science is preferred
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.) is a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does an IT Coordinator do?
- An IT Coordinator maintains and manages IT systems and networks, installs software and hardware, provides technical support, and establishes protocols for IT usage.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an IT Coordinator?
- The duties of an IT Coordinator include advising on IT choices, troubleshooting issues, training users, monitoring system performance, installing and configuring software and hardware, and ensuring compliance with IT standards.
- What makes a good IT Coordinator?
- A good IT Coordinator possesses strong technical knowledge, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, effective communication, and the ability to work well in a team and provide end user support.
- Who does an IT Coordinator work with?
- An IT Coordinator works with end users, higher-level support teams, IT professionals, network administrators, and other departments to establish protocols, provide technical support, and maintain IT functionality.
- What skills should an IT Coordinator have?
- An IT Coordinator should have experience in IT coordination or a similar role, knowledge of IT systems and applications, network management skills, troubleshooting abilities, strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organizational and coordination skills.