This Insurance Agent job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Insurance Agent responsibilities include:
- Developing marketing strategies and promote all types of new insurance contracts or suggest additions/changes to existing ones
- Breeding productive relationships to create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, cold calling, using referrals etc.
- Evaluating business or individual customers’ needs and financial status and proposing protection plans that meet their criteria
We are looking for a competitive Insurance Agent to generate new business by contacting potential customers. You will sell, solicit, differentiate and negotiate insurance plans that match the needs of your assigned or prospective customers’ portfolio.
The goal is to build up strong positive relationships, to ensure growth attainment and increase our firm’s reputation.
- Develop marketing strategies and promote all types of new insurance contracts or suggest additions/changes to existing ones
- Breed productive relationships to create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, cold calling, using referrals etc
- Evaluate business or individual customers’ needs and financial status and propose protection plans that meet their criteria
- Work with clients to deliver risk management strategies that fit their risk profiles
- Report the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to stakeholders
- Maintain bookkeeping systems, database and records
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure mutual satisfaction
- Achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives
- Constantly update job knowledge and learn about new products and services
- Fulfill all policy requirements
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as an Insurance Agent or relevant experience
- Familiarity with all types of insurance plans (automobile, fire, life, property, medical etc)
- Basic computer knowledge and statistical analysis
- Proven ability to work with goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, influence and sell effectively
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
- High school or BS degree
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Insurance Agent do?
- Insurance Agents help insurance companies generate new business by contacting potential customers and selling one or more types of policies. They explain various plans to clients, guiding them in selecting a policy that suits their needs best. Some Insurance Agents work with one company, while others may be independent brokers.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Insurance Agent?
- Insurance Agents are relied upon to provide a wide range of services that help their clients meet ever-changing needs. They perform tasks like generating leads and following up with prospective customers, scheduling appointments for policy purchases/renewals and marketing appropriate products according to company standards.
- What makes a good Insurance Agent?
- A good Insurance Agent puts their clients' needs first and has a deep knowledge of various policies. In addition, they should be reliable and inspire confidence through effective communication skills. Another important quality of a good Insurance Agent is continual education in order to stay up-to-date on market trends.
- Who does an Insurance Agent work with?
- An Insurance Agent works closely with clients to provide insurance coverage. They can also work alongside other agents and Insurance Brokers.