Gardener job description
Use this Gardener job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization.
Gardener responsibilities include:
- Maintaining lawns and other green spaces
- Installing landscapes and seasonal flower designs
- Monitoring and ensuring plant health
We are looking for a Gardener to install and maintain the flowers, trees and green spaces on the property.
Gardener responsibilities include monitoring the health of all plants and greenscapes, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding gardens and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. You should know how to use and maintain landscaping equipment, including mowers, trimmers and fertilizers, while following health and safety regulations.
Ultimately, you will make sure our gardens and green spaces are always healthy and beautiful.
- Install and maintain seasonal plants
- Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
- Mulch, edge and weed gardens
- Prune and trim trees and bushes
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
- A high school degree or GED
Hiring Gardener job description
Post this Gardener job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.