This Game Developer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Game Developer Responsibilities
- Translating requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code
- Constructing the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Producing prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
We are looking for a specialized Game developer to turn a game idea into code on a fast moving environment. You will be involved in various aspects of game’s creation from concept to finished product including coding, programming, audio, design, production and visual arts.
- Translate requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code
- Construct the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
- Develop schedules and determine milestones
- Generate game scripts and storyboards
- Animate characters and objects
- Contribute to the design and audio features of the game
- Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality
- Detect identification and resolution and document technical specifications
- “Polish” the game, maintain code, fix bugs and iron out occurring problems
- Proven working experience in full lifecycle game development
- Hands on experience primarily with C++ or other programming languages (Java, C, etc)
- High level knowledge of APIs and libraries
- Expert in one or more programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, or audio)
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- BS degree in Computer Science or Games Technology
- Source and recruit Game Developers with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.