Front-end Developer responsibilities include:
- Using markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintaining and improving website
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed
We are looking for a qualified Front-end developer to join our IT team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Front End Web Developer do?
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Front End Web Developer?
A Front-End Developer is responsible for developing new user-facing features, determining the structure and design of web pages, building reusable codes, optimizing page loading times, and using a variety of markup languages to create the web pages.
What makes a good Front End Web Developer?
A good Front-End Web Developer will have an understanding of the web development process from inception to deployment. They will also have a good understanding of industry trends and the newest software programs and languages. In addition to the technical skills, they need to have excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility due to the changing technologies.
Who does a Front End Web Developer work with?
Front-End Developers work in teams alongside Back-End Developers, Graphic Designers, and UX Designers. They typically report to the Project Manager or Chief Technical Officer, depending on the structure of the company.