Use this Food Service Worker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Food Service Worker responsibilities include:
- Performing food preparation duties such as rinsing, peeling and slicing
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Wrapping, date-labeling, and storing food items
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing Food Service Worker who loves cooking and serving food. They typically focus on various food preparation duties to help with food production and efficiently deliver finished dishes to customers.
A Food Service Worker’s responsibilities include a wide range of tasks that keep the kitchen running smoothly, from cleaning up after cooking to adhering to food safety regulations.
Ultimately, you will work in kitchens with Chefs and other food specialists to ensure dishes are prepared correctly and processes are followed.
- Follow established recipes to prepare menu items
- Serve customers in a fast, efficient and friendly manner
- Follow guidelines to ensure correct serving temperatures and adequate portion control
- Provide customers with information regarding food ingredients, availability and pricing
- Escalate customer concerns and complaints to management
- Assist customers with paying for products
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Food Service Worker or similar role
- Completion of the provided training program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic mathematical skills
- Proficient understanding of food allergies and modified diets
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Food Service Worker do?
- A Food Service Worker performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods in one or more different environments. They also help Servers with various tasks and other staff deliver dishes to customers.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Food Service Worker?
- A Food Service Worker is responsible for preparing and serving food, monitoring stock levels in the kitchen area and cleaning up any messes during service.
- What makes a good Food Service Worker?
- A good Food Service Worker must complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. They should also have excellent communication skills to communicate with staff members throughout their shift.
- Who does a Food Service Worker work with?
- Food Service Workers typically work closely with different staff members like Chefs, Servers and Bussers to ensure food is prepared and delivered promptly.