Finance Assistant responsibilities include:
- Updating financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to support our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll.
Finance Assistant responsibilities include processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. If you have an accounting background and are interested in procedures like tax management and budget preparation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Process tax payments
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Frequently asked questions
What does a Finance Assistant do?
A Finance Assistant drafts and updates financial spreadsheets while also reviewing an organization’s bank statements. They aid clients in preparing tax returns or answering questions about filing.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Finance Assistant?
Finance Assistants have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as processing and preparing financial statements, overseeing client accounts that require their attention, creating invoices to send out, as well as following up with clients on any necessary paperwork.
What makes a good Finance Assistant?
A good Finance Assistant must have strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and strong organizational skills. They also must possess excellent mathematical abilities.
Who does a Finance Assistant work with?
Typically, Finance Assistants work with an accounting department, but they may also work with a Finance Clerk to ensure the accuracy of both the organization’s and the client’s financial records.