Use this Driver job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization.
Driver responsibilities include:
- Driving clients daily to their desired destinations
- Maintaining the vehicle safe and clean
- Using navigation apps to determine the best route
We are looking for a Driver to transport clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner.
Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and managing payments.
Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs.
To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested
- Collect payments and issue receipts
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school diploma
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Driver do?
- A Driver will ensure the safety and comfort of their clients through providing their driving services. Drivers will map out a route before they leave their office. They’ll pick up anyone who requests it at an agreed-upon time, and possibly help them load or unload luggage as needed during each trip. Meanwhile they will listen carefully for traffic updates to keep their clients on schedule with getting to their destination.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Driver?
- A Driver's main responsibility is to safely transport either cargo or passengers from one location to another. They must follow traffic laws and correctly route themselves, ensuring that there is enough gas in the tank at all times for their destination. Drivers will take care of maintenance on interior cleanliness before arriving where needed by time constraints set out within an organization requirement.
- What makes a good Driver?
- A good Driver has excellent organizational and time management skills, which helps them be efficient with their work. They possess great interpersonal communication abilities so they can establish relationships both professionally as well as personally on the road while still maintaining safe driving practices at all times.
- Who does a Driver work with?
- Drivers work with a variety of clients who are in need of driving assistance. They represent a larger company and often collaborate with other driving service professionals, such as a Delivery Driver, who distribute products promptly to customers.