Communications Assistant job description
This Communications Assistant job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Communications Associate.
Communications Assistant responsibilities include:
- Helping implement communications projects and strategies
- Drafting and editing materials and communications copy
- Collecting data and maintaining databases
We are looking for a Communications Assistant to provide administrative support to various teams and programs. Editing and writing company materials will be an important part of your job.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail. If you also have administrative and social media marketing experience, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear communication of our company’s message across all channels.
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
- Prepare presentations and reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant, Communication Specialist or similar role
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is desired
Hiring Communications Assistant job description
Post this Communications Assistant job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.