This Analytics Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Analytics Manager Responsibilities
- Developing strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Selecting, configuring and implementing analytics solutions
- Leading and developing a team of data analysts
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to organize our analytics function and manage our team of analysts. You will implement tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights.
In this role, we expect you to have strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence. The ability to communicate effectively is essential. If you also have solid industry experience, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to help our business use data to drive high performance and quality.
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
- Lead and develop a team of data analysts
- Oversee all analytics operations to correct discrepancies and ensure quality
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. operations, IT, customer feedback)
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
- Proven experience as an Analytics Manager or Data Scientist
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting; industry experience is a plus
- Background in market research and project management
- Knowledge of Excel, R and SQL; familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS)
- Superb communication skills
- Analytical skills and strong organizational abilities
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management or a related field