BI (Business Intelligence) Developer job description
This BI (Business Intelligence) Developer job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
BI Developer responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Hiring BI (Business Intelligence) Developer job description
Post this BI (Business Intelligence) Developer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.