Use this Retail Stylist job description template to attract qualified salespeople for boutiques and luxury clothing stores.
Retail Stylist responsibilities include:
- Identifying clients’ needs and helping them find clothing that suits their body types
- Creating complete looks from head to toe to match clients’ style
- Offering personalized styling tips
We are looking for a Retail Stylist to help our clients select fashionable outfits and ensure they leave our store satisfied.
Retail Stylist responsibilities include providing one-on-one customer service, recommending fashionable items and creating complete looks that excite our customers. If you have a flair for fashion and know how to style outfits to flatter all body types, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help us maintain our good reputation among existing customers and further grow our clientele.
- Welcome customers as they enter our store
- Identify clients’ needs and help them find clothing items that fit their body type
- Create complete looks from head to toe to match clients’ style
- Offer personalized styling tips
- Pick and recommend shoes and accessories that complement clients’ outfits
- Inform customers about fashion trends
- Provide product details, including fabrics, wash care instructions, prices and discounts
- Suggest alternative outfits and colors to create unique looks
- Ensure proper product presentation and stock replenishment
- Remember loyal customers’ names, sizes and preferences and maintain friendly relationships
- Proven work experience as a Retail Stylist or similar role in the fashion industry
- Sales experience in clothing or shoe retail stores is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to create looks for different styles, occasions and body types
- Up-to-date with all fashion trends in outfits, shoes, accessories and makeup
- High school diploma
- Additional certification in Fashion or Merchandise is a plus