What is an electronic technician?
Electronic technicians are responsible for set up, repair, and maintenance of electronic systems and equipment.
What does an electronic technician do?
Electronic technician duties include running performance analyses on electronic devices and reporting on results. They create prototypes based on complex manuals. They also troubleshoot and replace faulty materials.
Overall, electronic technician job responsibilities include:
- Installing and repairing electronic equipment
- Aligning and calibrating cables and wiring
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress
When building your own electronic technician job description, make sure to tailor these responsibilities and requirements to the position at hand.
We are looking for an electronic technician to set up, maintain and repair electronic systems and devices. You’ll test system performance, analyze and report on results.
This role requires hands-on experience using various hand and power tools to calibrate and align system components and circuitry. To succeed in this position, you should also be able to comprehend and follow complex technical manuals.
If you have good problem-solving skills, an eye for detail and good manual dexterity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Set up electronic systems and devices
- Assemble and connect system components (e.g. cables)
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Estimate damage and calculate the cost of materials
- Test system functionality and analyze data
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Read and comprehend complex manuals and diagrams
- Update reports and maintain inventory
- Collaborate with engineers and other professionals on technical tasks
- Use various tools to build and repair systems (e.g. grinders)
- Previous experience as electronic technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing and circuitry
- Familiarity working with various tools and equipment
- MS Office and diagnostic software (e.g. PC-based)
- Excellent physical condition and hand-eye coordination
- An associate’s degree or apprenticeship as electronic technician
- Certification in engineering or electronics is required
Similar job descriptions