DevOps Engineer responsibilities include:
- Implementing integrations requested by customers
- Deploying updates and fixes
- Providing Level 2 technical support
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Ruby or Python, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a DevOps Engineer do?
The DevOps Engineer work to ensure that code releases go smoothly, analyzing data for improvements and optimization. They manage software development operations, implement engineering tools and use their process knowledge to streamline updates or creation.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer?
DevOps Engineers are responsible for creating systems software and analyzing data to improve existing systems. In addition, these professionals ensure efficiency within their workplace, meeting deadlines and optimizing code for eventual server output.
What makes a Good DevOps Engineer?
DevOps engineers must understand tools used for coding, being able to process multiple programming languages. These professionals also need to be able to meet deadlines and improvise when schedules are tight, still ensuring a system’s functionality.
Who does a DevOps Engineer work with?
DevOps Engineers work with Software Engineers, ensuring their efficiency and managing their work and functionality. Though their duties are similar, DevOps Engineers often oversee the general workings of their counterpart’s practices and fix problems accordingly.