What is a dermatologist?
Dermatologists are medical practitioners who specialize in skin health. They examine patients with skin conditions and overview the progress of dermatological treatments.
What does a dermatologist do?
Dermatologists diagnose skin problems, from mild ones (e.g. sunburn) to severe ones (e.g. skin cancer). They conduct screenings and skin evaluations, and analyze the patients’ medical history to determine appropriate treatments. Dermatologists also oversee how effective the treatments are and refer patients to different specialists if needed.
Dermatologist duties include:
- Diagnosing skin ailments
- Advising on treatments and prescribing medication
- Conducting non-invasive surgical procedures
There are different specializations in dermatology, such as pediatric dermatology, dermatopathology, etc. When crafting your own dermatologist job description, make sure to tailor responsibilities and requirements to the role’s required expertise and area of specialty.
We are looking for an experienced dermatologist to join our medical practice.
Evaluating the patients’ skin health condition and analyzing their medical history will comprise your primary day-to-day dermatologist responsibilities. You’ll examine patients and determine dermatological treatments (e.g. medication, non-invasive surgeries). You’ll also monitor and report on treatment progress and refer patients to other specialists if needed.
For this role, it’s important that you have previous experience working as a dermatologist without supervision (including using dermatological tools like dermal punch, lancet extractors, etc.). You also need a valid government medical license.
If you are a compassionate, detail-oriented person with strong work ethic, we’d like to hear from you.
- Evaluate patients’ skin condition
- Assess and update patients’ medical history
- Keep a record of patients’ symptoms
- Analyze all information regarding skin health conditions
- Prescribe medication
- Inform patients about available treatments
- Monitor the effectiveness of skin treatments
- Conduct non-intrusive medical surgeries
- Educate patients on preventive skin care
- Refer patients to other specialists if needed
- Attend conferences and seminars to learn about new medical techniques and topics
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a dermatologist
- In-depth knowledge of various dermatological methods
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Active communication skills and the ability to effectively explain medical terms to patients
- A resilient and compassionate personality
- Strong attention to detail
- A national medical license
- A degree in Medical Science
- Residency in Dermatology