We are looking for a thorough Construction estimator to calculate possible costs and gains of construction projects. You will collect and analyze data according to a series of useful variables.
The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You must have great attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
The goal is to provide the company with accurate information that will help in operations and strategic planning.
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand
- Select metrics to produce valid estimates
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues to gather essential information
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
- Analyze data and produce forecasts
- Perform risk analysis
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes
- Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.)
- Proven experience as construction estimator
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Comfortable with numbers and technology
- Excellent knowledge of software like Timberline or HCSS HeavyBid
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Well-organized and reliable
- BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant field
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be a plus