We are looking for an enthusiastic assistant editor to join our team and participate in all stages of the publication process.
As an assistant editor you will support the editor-in-chief to administer, plan and produce various publications.
Ultimately, you should be able to deliver exceptional and informative content to meet audience preferences.
- Collaborate with the editor-in-chief to research and plan new articles
- Commission articles
- Liaise with team members (e.g. writers, reporters and photographers) ensuring deadlines are met
- Write and edit pieces
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for pieces
- Choose supporting material, like images and illustrations
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Use social media and SEO to draw attention to articles
- Provide administrative support to the editor-in-chief
- Proven work experience as an assistant editor
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with MS Office, InDesign, or other publishing tools
- Familiarity with SEO and social media platforms
- Proficiency in English
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- BSc degree in journalism, communications or related field