Looking for a job?
Find related jobs in Workable’s job board
Need more interview questions?
Generate a complete list in seconds with AI
Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions
Assistant Brand Managers help design and implement brand-building strategies that increase profits and customer engagement.
Candidates for this role usually hold a Marketing degree and are familiar with product pricing, packaging, distribution and positioning. Look for people who can produce detailed reports on historical data and metrics, like conversions rates, impressions of online ads and results of promotional campaigns. They should also be able to conduct competitive research and follow industry trends.
Use the following questions to identify potential hires who are both analytical and creative. This role includes cross-team collaboration, so candidates should have excellent teamwork skills and be able to meet deadlines.
Operational and Situational questions
- Name one brand that has a good marketing strategy. What makes it good and how would you increase its customer engagement?
- Are some brands are so strong that they don’t need advertising? Why or why not?
- Our company is sponsoring an industry conference. How would you increase our brand awareness at the event? (e.g. stand or brochures)
- What marketing techniques would you use to reach a specific segment of customers (e.g. a younger audience)?
- If we asked you to prepare a benchmark analysis, how would you start your research?
- What metrics would you monitor in this role and why? What reports would you create to keep track of them?
- What factors make or break a brand online?
- What do you think are the strong and weak points of our brand compared to our competition?
- How can poor or non-existent social media activity hurt a brand’s reputation? Mention two or three things that companies shouldn’t do when replying to customers online.
- What’s the best advertising campaign you’ve seen lately? What makes it so successful?
- How do you manage to meet deadlines? Have you ever failed to complete a task on time?
- Have you ever suggested an idea to reach out to more customers? If so, what did you recommend and what did your team think? How do you (or would you) handle criticism?
- Describe the most challenging project you’ve worked on so far. What made it difficult and how did you deal with it?