Use this Airline Pilot job description template to attract and hire qualified pilots. Feel free to add, remove or modify job duties and requirements based on your needs.
Airline Pilot responsibilities include:
- Creating a flight plan, considering aircraft performance, altitude and weather conditions
- Checking the aircraft before every flight (engines, radars, navigation systems, etc)
- Ensuring cargo weight doesn’t exceed aircraft limits
We are looking for an Airline Pilot to fly our airplanes for local and international, short and long-haul flights.
Airline Pilot responsibilities include conducting various pre-flight checks to the aircraft’s operational systems, creating and adjusting flight plans and ensure secure takeoffs and landings. To be considered for this position, you should be a licensed Commercial Airline Pilot and have a minimum of 2,000 hours of flight time.
Ultimately, you will have the overall responsibility for the safety of our crew and passengers.
- Create a flight plan, considering aircraft performance, altitude and weather conditions
- Check the aircraft before every flight (engines, radars, navigation systems, etc)
- Ensure cargo weight doesn’t exceed aircraft limits
- Communicate with air traffic control to ensure safe takeoff and landing
- Ensure the aircraft has adequate fuel supplies
- Monitor cockpit instruments like altimeters and speed indicators and report any malfunctions
- Check the airplane’s position, weather conditions and air traffic regularly during the flight and determine change of path when needed
- Work closely with flight attendants to ensure all passengers follow safety rules while being onboard
- Fill out reports about the flight and the status of the aircraft after landing
- Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) and Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL)
- At least 2,000 hours of flight time
- Excellent knowledge of Federal Aviation regulations and safety procedures
- 20/20 vision (or correctable to 20/20)
- Good judgment with the ability to react quickly to hazards
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Degree in aircraft engineering, or similar field, is a plus