We are looking for a Veterinarian to diagnose and treat our clients’ animals. Our clinic specializes in dogs, cats and occasionally smaller animals.
What does a Veterinarian do?
Your day-to-day as a Vet includes performing surgeries on injured animals, treating wounds, spaying and neutering animals and prescribing medicine. If you love being around animals and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll act as the point of contact for pet owners, whether it’s to treat illnesses and injuries or to advise on animal nutrition and general care.
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Perform dental, ophthalmic and orthopedic surgeries
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Spay and neuter cats and dogs as needed
- Prescribe medication
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare and general care
- Conduct home visits occasionally, in case of emergency
- Update client records
- Work experience as a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician or Veterinarian Assistant
- Experience conducting various types of surgeries, vaccinations and health checks on animals
- Knowledge of medical equipment (e.g. X-ray machines) and anesthesia procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Availability to take evening or weekend shifts in cases of emergency
- Patience and a love for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree