Use this Service Advisor job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Service Advisor responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers and directing them to available mechanics
- Consulting with mechanics regarding necessary repairs and possible alternatives to expensive repairs
- Using your knowledge of our products and services to sell or provide in-depth information about available parts and service options to customers
We are looking for a Service Advisor to join our team and act as a liaison between our customers and our Service Technicians.
Service Advisor responsibilities include greeting customers, listening to their needs and scheduling appointments as needed. They may also include setting up loaner cars and verifying insurance before maintenance is scheduled.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to understand their needs and provide our Service Technicians with the information required to provide excellent service.
- Answer questions about service outcomes, schedule and book appointments, vehicle drop-off and vehicle pick-up
- Provide customers with information and advice on warranty protections, potential cost savings and the advantages of trading in versus fixing their car
- Manage and oversee the dealership’s workflow and schedule
- Call customers to advise them about service changes or car pick-up times
- Maintain positive customer relationships to ensure repeat business
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Service Advisor or similar role
- A strong understanding of automotive technology and the automotive industry
- Proficiency with industry-specific software
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication expertise
- Strong organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Service Advisor
Frequently asked questions
What does a Service Advisor do?
A Service Advisor is the main point of contact for customers looking to get their car serviced at a dealership or auto repair shop. They work closely with Service Technicians and explain pricing details of repairs with clients as needed.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Service Advisor?
A Service Advisor will have many duties depending on their location, but they commonly focus on answering customer questions, scheduling appointments and helping the customer determine what services they may need based on vehicle maintenance issues.
What makes a good Service Advisor?
A good Service Advisor must have excellent customer service skills as they work directly with customers. They also need a strong understanding of automotive technology to relay information from the customer to the Service Technicians to ensure the vehicle is repaired properly.
Who does a Service Advisor work with?
A Service Advisor works with customers to understand their needs, but they also work with Auto Mechanics to ensure the customer’s vehicle receives the required services.