This Reporter job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
- Collecting, verifying and analyzing thoroughly newsworthy information
- Assembling findings into a stable story
- Writing and delivering news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
We are looking for a passionate reporter to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased “scoops”.
- Collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Publish or broadcast news stories
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
- Contact, interview and research sources
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Cooperate with reporters, chief editor, producers etc
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by studying papers, attending events etc.
- Proven working experience as a reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- Integrity and morality
- BS degree in journalism or mass communications