Journalist job description
This Journalist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Journalist responsibilities include:
- Conducting research to uncover interesting and significant news
- Gathering, corroborating and interpreting data
- Interviewing key persons (witnesses, sources etc.) to obtain more information
We are looking for an enthusiastic Journalist to contribute in the publication of timely and accurate news. The successful candidate will be a skilled writer with a passion for the job capable of both informing and entertaining our readers.
- Conduct research to uncover interesting and significant news
- Gather, corroborate and interpret data
- Interview key persons (witnesses, sources etc.) to obtain more information
- Use findings to construct a well-written article
- Retain awareness of the readers’ point of view
- Obtain first-hand information by being present in happenings
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Comply with the moral code of the profession
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Partner with other journalists, editors, producers etc
- Establish contacts and sources for use in future research
- Keep abreast on developments by studying papers, attending events etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Journalist or Reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information
- Current knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information
- Good observation and deduction skills
- Integrity and morality
- BSc degree in journalism or relevant field
Hiring Journalist job description
Post this Journalist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.