Network Technician responsibilities include:
- Designing and installing well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
We are looking for a skilled Network Technician to undertake tasks of network development and maintenance. You will be responsible for designing the network in ways that optimize its performance.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of business.
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Network Technician do?
The Computer Network Technician manages and maintains the network system in an organization. They install, operate, or upgrade computers. They also ensure that all electronic equipment is functional and up to date, ensuring a client's devices can maintain proper connections with networks set up.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Network Technician?
Network Technicians are responsible for designing and installing well-functioning computer networks and systems. They install internet connections and electronic cabling. They may also perform troubleshooting on system failures to maintain long-term efficiency within an area.
What makes a Good Network Technician?
It is essential for Networking Technicians to have excellent communication skills. They will need to understand others and take in information from users who may not always know the proper terminology or be able to thoroughly describe their problem.
Who does a Network Technician work with?
Network Technicians work with Network Engineers to create and establish functional and influential networks for clients to utilize and connect to. As the Engineer primarily handles the network's conception, a Technician ensures it is installed correctly.