Use this Multimedia Intern job description template to advertise open roles for your company. Be sure to modify requirements and duties based on the unique needs of the role you’re hiring for.
What is a Multimedia Intern?
A Multimedia Intern is an essential contributor to a creative team, primarily focused on video production and multimedia content creation. This role involves collaborating with various teams to capture and edit video series, brainstorming creative ideas, and performing technical tasks related to audio/visual equipment. The intern gains hands-on experience in multimedia design, contributing to marketing and support initiatives through engaging visual storytelling and content production.
What does a Multimedia Intern do?
A Multimedia Intern plays a crucial role in creating compelling video and multimedia content for marketing and support needs. They work closely with the brand design team to capture new footage, edit existing video series, and assist in all stages of production, from brainstorming to storyboard development and scriptwriting.
Additionally, they handle technical aspects of audio/visual equipment setup and operation, ensuring high-quality production values. The intern also updates digital content and produces collateral in alignment with brand guidelines, utilizing advanced editing skills to enhance the visual and auditory appeal of multimedia projects.
This role requires balancing multiple priorities, collaborating across departments, and continuously learning new skills to contribute effectively to the team’s creative output.
Multimedia Intern responsibilities include:
- Capturing and editing video content
- Assisting in the development of storyboards and voice-over scripts
- Operating audio/visual equipment and software
- Producing collateral and updating digital content to reflect brand guidelines
We’re offering an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Multimedia Intern to join our creative team.
In this role, you’ll dive into video production, editing, and multimedia content creation, collaborating closely with various departments to bring our brand’s story to life. You’ll gain invaluable experience operating professional audio/visual equipment, mastering editing software, and producing digital content that aligns with our brand guidelines.
If you’re a creative self-starter pursuing a degree in Marketing or Communications and have a passion for multimedia storytelling, we’d love to hear from you.
- Capture and edit video content in partnership with various teams.
- Brainstorm ideas, develop storyboards, and assist in voice-over script development.
- Operate and manage audio/visual equipment and software for content production.
- Produce collateral and update digital content according to brand guidelines.
- Perform technical tasks related to the setup and operation of audio/visual equipment.
Requirements and skills
- Strong understanding of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, with basic knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Experience with professional audio, video, and lighting equipment.
- Advanced skills in color correction, sound correction, and mixing/mastering are a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Comfortable working on a Mac.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing or Communications with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Multimedia Intern do?
- A Multimedia Intern creates and edits video and multimedia content, supporting the brand design team with creative projects.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Multimedia Intern?
- Their duties include capturing and editing video content, developing storyboards and scripts, operating audio/visual equipment, and updating digital content to align with brand guidelines.
- What makes a good Multimedia Intern?
- A good Multimedia Intern is creative, technically skilled in multimedia software and equipment, able to manage multiple projects, and communicates effectively across teams.
- Who does a Multimedia Intern work with?
- They work with the brand design team, marketing, sales, and other departments to produce multimedia content that supports company goals.
- How important is technical skill for a Multimedia Intern?
- Technical skill is crucial for a Multimedia Intern, as it enables them to effectively capture, edit, and produce high-quality multimedia content that meets professional standards.