Use this Lead Brand Designer job description template to advertise open roles for your company. Be sure to modify requirements and duties based on the unique needs of the role you’re hiring for.
What is a Lead Brand Designer?
A Lead Brand Designer is a pivotal figure in shaping and maintaining the visual representation of a brand. This role involves not just creative design but also strategic thinking to ensure that the brand’s visual identity aligns with its business objectives and resonates with its audience.
The Lead Brand Designer is responsible for setting the design direction and ensuring that all visual elements are cohesive and compelling.
What does a Lead Brand Designer do?
The Lead Brand Designer oversees the creation and execution of all visual aspects of a brand. This includes designing digital and printed marketing materials like landing pages, social media assets, and display ads. They manage a team of designers, setting goals, providing feedback, and ensuring high-quality deliverables.
A significant part of their role involves translating business goals into visually appealing designs and user experiences.
They work closely with various departments, including marketing and product teams, to ensure brand consistency. Additionally, they play a crucial role in evolving and expanding the brand’s visual identity, staying ahead of design trends, and fostering a culture of design excellence within the organization.
Lead Brand Designer responsibilities include:
- Designing and updating brand and marketing materials
- Managing and mentoring a design team
- Ensuring brand consistency across channels
- Evolving and maintaining the company’s visual brand identity
We are seeking a Lead Brand Designer to join and lead our Brand Design Team at Workable. In this role, you will be responsible for evolving and maintaining our visual identity, producing a range of digital and printed marketing materials, and managing a remote design team.
You will collaborate with our Creative Director and other teams to translate business goals into compelling visual designs.
This position is ideal for someone with a strong background in brand design, excellent leadership skills, and a passion for creating visually stunning and effective brand experiences.
- Design and update digital and printed brand and marketing materials
- Manage a remote design team, overseeing work, setting goals, and measuring performance
- Translate business goals into visually compelling layouts and user experiences
- Ensure consistency across various channels and departments with brand guidelines
- Evolve, expand, and maintain Workable’s visual brand in partnership with Design leadership
- Mentor designers in best practices, design process, and ideation
Requirements and skills
- 5+ years of relevant brand design experience in technical and product-driven companies or agencies
- 2+ years of experience managing in-house design teams in high-growth environments
- Proficiency in modern design tools like Adobe Suite and Figma
- Strong mentorship and feedback skills
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills in English
- People and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality outcomes
- Degree in Design, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Lead Brand Designer do?
- A Lead Brand Designer guides the visual identity of a brand, designs marketing materials, manages design teams, and ensures brand consistency across various media.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Lead Brand Designer?
- The duties of a Lead Brand Designer include designing brand and marketing materials, managing and mentoring a design team, maintaining brand consistency, and evolving the brand's visual identity.
- What makes a good Lead Brand Designer?
- A good Lead Brand Designer possesses a strong design background, leadership skills, the ability to translate business goals into visual designs, and a commitment to maintaining brand consistency and quality.
- Who does a Lead Brand Designer work with?
- A Lead Brand Designer collaborates with marketing teams, product teams, designers, developers, and company leadership to create and maintain the brand's visual identity.
- How important is team management for a Lead Brand Designer?
- Team management is crucial for a Lead Brand Designer, as they are responsible for guiding and mentoring a team of designers, ensuring high-quality design output, and fostering a collaborative and creative work environment.