iOS Developer Interview Questions
iOS Developers build advanced applications for the iOS platform. You are looking for qualified engineers who are passionate about mobile technologies. They should have previous experience working with Apple’s operating system.
Although a Computer Science academic background is often required, there’s a lot of room for on-the-job gained knowledge for mobile developers. You can use these questions to discover your candidates’ previous experience with programming languages, like Swift and their familiarity with iOS platform.
As with any technical role, you should consider including an assignment to help you better assess if your candidates’ skills match your requirements. Following industry developments is crucial for this position, so ask your candidates how they keep up-to-date with mobile technology trends. Keep an eye out for candidates who are eager to learn and evolve as developers.
- What’s the difference between atomic and nonatomic synthesized properties?
- Mention the iOS frameworks you have experience working with.
- How do you define your own protocol?
- What is Key-Value Coding and Key-Value Observing?
- Can you explain how iOS supports multi-threading?
- What security best practices do you know?
- What does MVC means? How is it implemented in iOS?
- How do you troubleshoot a crashing application?
- What interfaces would you choose to create a user-friendly application?
- What is managed object context and what’s its functionality?
- Which of the applications you designed are you most proud of?
- Describe a time when you collaborated with engineers and designers for a group project. What was your role?
- What’s your area of expertise and what would you like to learn about more?
- Describe a time when you designed new features to make an application run faster.
- What was the last thing you read in a book or blog that you find helpful for your work?
- Source and recruit iOS Developers with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.