Use this Data Architect job description template to attract and hire qualified candidates. Feel free to adjust the job duties to suit your needs.
What is a Data Architect?
A Data Architect is a professional who specializes in developing and optimizing database models to store and retrieve company information. They analyze system requirements, design data models, and ensure data integrity and security.
What does a Data Architect do?
A Data Architect is responsible for developing database solutions, installing and configuring information systems, analyzing structural requirements for new software, migrating data from legacy systems, and designing conceptual and logical data models. They also optimize database systems, define security procedures, and collaborate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements.
Data Architect responsibilities include:
- Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications
We are actively searching for a highly competent Data Architect to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in designing and optimizing conceptual and logical database models.
Your responsibilities will include analyzing system requirements, implementing data migration strategies, and ensuring the efficient and secure storage of company information.
Proficiency in SQL and Oracle is essential, and experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, D3.js, and R is highly desirable. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the development of our data architecture and make a significant impact on the success of our organization.
Join us and be a key driver of our data-driven initiatives.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Data Architect do?
- A Data Architect develops and optimizes database models, analyzes system requirements, and ensures data integrity and security.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Data Architect?
- A Data Architect develops database solutions, installs and configures information systems, migrates data, designs data models, and optimizes database systems.
- What makes a good Data Architect?
- A good Data Architect has in-depth knowledge of database structure principles, analytical skills, problem-solving attitude, and expertise in SQL, Oracle, and data visualization tools. They also possess strong understanding of system requirements and data mining techniques.
- Who does a Data Architect work with?
- A Data Architect works with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and IT professionals, to gather requirements, implement solutions, and ensure data needs are met.
- What skills should a Data Architect have?
- A Data Architect should have experience in data architecture, system analysis, database management, SQL, Oracle, data mining, and data visualization tools. Strong analytical skills, problem-solving attitude, and a degree in Computer Science or a related field are also desirable.