CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description
This Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages. Customize it with key duties and responsibilities for your company.
CTO Responsibilities include:
- Developing the company’s strategy for using technological resources
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Hiring CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description
Post this CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.