Use this Commercial Contracts Attorney job description template to advertise open roles for your company. Be sure to modify requirements and duties based on the unique needs of the role you’re hiring for.
What is a Commercial Contracts Attorney?
A Commercial Contracts Attorney is a specialized lawyer who handles the legal aspects of a company’s commercial agreements. They play a crucial role in ensuring all contracts adhere to the law while safeguarding the company’s interests.
What does a Commercial Contracts Attorney do?
A Commercial Contracts Attorney drafts, reviews, and negotiates a wide range of contracts. They collaborate with various departments, provide legal advice to leadership, and help set up systems to streamline the contracting process.
Commercial Contracts Attorney responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and drafting customer and vendor agreements.
- Coordinating with internal and external experts, including external counsel.
- Acting as an advisor to the leadership team.
- Establishing scalable contracting processes and templates.
We’re seeking a dynamic Commercial Contracts Attorney to support our global operations in negotiating and managing legal contracts.
In this role, you’ll work closely with leadership to ensure all commercial transactions comply with legal standards.
If you’re a junior-level attorney looking for an exciting, fast-paced environment, and have a knack for detail and proactive collaboration, join us in shaping the future of our contracting processes and advising our dedicated team on legal matters.
- Negotiate and draft customer and vendor agreements.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external counsel as needed.
- Act as a resource and advisor to the leadership team.
- Establish and maintain scalable contracting processes and templates.
- Assist with corporate initiatives, including litigation and employment matters.
- Serve as the liaison between various teams and leadership, ensuring all contracts meet legal and company standards.
Requirements and skills
- J.D. with attorney’s license, preferably in MA.
- Minimum 2 years’ international experience with legal/commercial terms relevant to SaaS contracts.
- Proficiency in documenting complex contractual arrangements with attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively as the primary legal point of contact.
- Technical competence to identify and resolve revenue recognition issues in SaaS agreements.
- Positive, collaborative demeanor with a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative approach to problem-solving.
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Commercial Contracts Attorney do?
- A Commercial Contracts Attorney negotiates, drafts, and reviews company contracts to ensure legality and protect the company's interests.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Commercial Contracts Attorney?
- Their duties include drafting agreements, advising leadership, coordinating with internal and external counsel, and establishing contracting processes.
- What makes a good Commercial Contracts Attorney?
- A good attorney in this field is detail-oriented, understands complex legal and commercial terms, and possesses strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Who does a Commercial Contracts Attorney work with?
- They work with leadership teams, sales, partnership/alliances, finance departments, and occasionally with outside counsel to coordinate and review contracts.