Use this Tire Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Tire Technician responsibilities include:
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality and overall health
- Recommending and applying appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing
We are looking for a Tire Technician to join our team to provide customers with hands-on experience with all sorts of tires, from large truck sizes right down through to light truck and car sizes.
A Tire Technician’s responsibilities include changing tires on vehicles throughout the year based on the needs of their customers.
You will also work directly with customers to understand their needs, identify the right tire for them and install the tires on their vehicle.
- Inspect tires on vehicles before and after installation
- Perform tire rotations, balancing and other maintenance tasks
- Follow all safety protocols while working in the shop
- Provide excellent customer service
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Tire Technician or similar role
- Some professional experience removing and installing tires preferred
- Team player to work with other team members
- Attention to detail to install tires properly
- Customer service-oriented to ensure customers are satisfied with their purchase
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Tire Technician do?
- Tire Technicians specialize in installing, balancing and repairing tires for passenger cars or commercial vehicles.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Tire Technician?
- A Tire Technician is responsible for installing tires on their vehicles. Therefore, they need to know how to use various types of automotive equipment to place tires on vehicles safely and efficiently.
- What makes a good Tire Technician?
- A good Tire Technician needs to be knowledgeable about vehicle repairs and tire installations on various vehicles. They also need to have excellent communication skills to discuss customer needs and provide the right products.
- Who does a Tire Technician work with?
- Typically, Tire Technicians work with a small team of other Technicians to ensure tires are safely placed on a vehicle. In addition, they are supervised by a Garage Manager who ensures high-quality work and schedules work throughout their shift.