Use this Stocker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Stocker responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all goods are stored properly to ensure everything is organized and in place
- Stocking shelves and maintaining inventory levels to ensure no products run out
- Coordinating and managing the disposal of trash
We are looking for a Stocker to provide outstanding support for our store operations and excellent customer service to our guests.
Stocker responsibilities include receiving and packing products to stock shelves, ensuring that prices are marked on each item, and arranging attractive displays of merchandise based on current sales promotions. If you have an eye for detail and enjoy interacting with customers, we’d like to meet with you. Please share your past experience along with your application.
A Stocker counts inventory and stacks items on shelves in an organized system to ensure all items fit properly for consumers to browse. To be successful in this role, you should have the ability and knowledge necessary to provide excellent customer service. You should treat all customers equally with respect while providing useful information about products.
Ultimately, you will maintain strict records of all products unloaded, labeled, and stocked throughout the store.
- Maintain a clean and neat store appearance for our customers
- Sort and stock products on shelves and in the backroom throughout the day
- Maintain cleanliness in the storeroom, especially when working with food products
- Provide excellent customer service by answering questions and providing product insight
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries
- Receive and store incoming products in a timely manner
- Follow established procedures to label, track, and stock items properly
- Ensure accurate product counts
- Update product pricing labels as directed by your supervisor
- Assist fellow associates as needed throughout the store
- Proven work experience as a Stocker or similar role
- Can multitask and work under pressure
- Professional appearance and good customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
What does a Stocker do?
Stockers have an important job because they are responsible for counting inventory, adding price tags to items on shelves, and interacting with customers as needed. They also work the front lines of a store and interact with customers regularly.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Stocker?
Stockers complete a number of tasks throughout the day to ensure a store or warehouse runs smoothly. Stockers are responsible for ensuring that shelves, bins, and displays have the necessary goods to be stocked so customers can find what they need.
What makes a good Stocker?
A good retail store stocker needs excellent time management and organizational skills, as well the physical endurance to perform a full shift with potential heavy lifting. Stockers also need precise knowledge of where products are located at all times to help customers and answer questions throughout the day.
Who does a Stocker work with?
Stockers work closely with other store employees, and they work directly with customers throughout the day. Smaller companies may only have one or two Stockers, but larger chains can have many more who report to their store manager.