Use this Stock Associate job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Stock Associate responsibilities include:
- Receiving and checking goods for damaged or missing items
- Cataloging items on the store’s system for accurate inventory tracking
- Creating price labels for items and placing them on items on store shelves
We are looking for a detail-oriented, responsible Stock Associate to ensure that the goods are delivered accurately and in good condition to their store. The Stock Associate will be charged with receiving and checking all incoming shipments before pricing or packing them so they can be stocked on our shelves for shoppers.
A Stock Associate’s responsibilities include checking the accuracy of shipments and making sure they’re stocked in the correct places in the store. They also inventory items, maintain sales floor or warehouse inventories.
Ultimately, you will work with other grocery store associates to receive, label and display items in the store.
- Receive, inspect, and count stock for damage, spoilage or missing items
- Record inventory in the store’s system
- Label items with identification tags and price tags
- Maintain the orderliness of the store’s stockroom
- Process purchase orders and other shipping requests
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Stock Associate or similar role
- Possess physical strength necessary to unload, lift and carry heavy boxes
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Is familiar with inventory software
- Pay close attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Stock Associate do?
- Stock Associates are tasked with receiving and checking products for accuracy in a store. They ensure that the correct goods are received and displayed according to their company’s guidelines and specifications.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Stock Associate?
- A Stock Associates is responsible for ensuring the correct goods come into their store, and the items get placed on their designated shelves. They also help process orders so that customers can buy what they need with ease.
- What makes a good Stock Associate?
- A good Stock Associate must have excellent organizational skills to ensure products are labeled correctly and placed in the right area of the store. They also need to be physically fit to lift and move heavy items throughout their shift.
- Who does a Stock Associate work with?
- A Stock Associate typically works with other associates in the store to receive and place items. They are supervised by a Store Manager who oversees their schedule and tasks.