What is a Senior Vice President?
Senior Vice Presidents hold an executive role in organizations, usually reporting to the CEO or the President of the company. They supervise a department (e.g. Engineering, Marketing) or a specific region where the company operates. The role of the Senior Vice President (SVP) is to play a leading role in high-level organizational decisions and daily operations.
What does a Senior Vice President do?
Senior Vice Presidents set business goals (e.g maximizing revenue) and solve internal issues when needed. They supervise Vice Presidents and managers and evaluate each department’s performance. They also ensure employee compliance with company policies.
Senior Vice President duties can include:
- Setting company goals and developing business strategies
- Preparing and allocating budgets
- Evaluating performance
Senior Vice President responsibilities and requirements may vary among different companies or departments. When crafting your Senior Vice President job description consider what specifically you need to include.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Vice President to join our senior management team. You will manage your department’s VPs and managers.
On a daily basis, you’ll monitor and evaluate your department’s operating performance and ensure all policies are followed. You will research new business opportunities and lead budget decisions. To succeed in this role, it’s essential to have extensive management experience in this field and strong strategic and analytical thinking capabilities.
Overall, through this role, you will help us develop our business strategy and growth.
- Overview daily operations
- Set performance and financial goals and attain them through team direction and management
- Assess, evaluate, and report on overall team and individual team member performance
- Prepare and allocate budgets
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Seek new business tools and methods
- Collaborate with other executives and SVPs to decide on business strategies
- Evaluate department’s profits and revenue, and calculate risks
- Ensure compliance with company policies and local, regional and federal regulations
- Build and approve the department’s hiring plan
- Guide and support VPs and managers
- Experience in a managerial or executive role in this industry
- Strong experience in project management and budgeting
- Great understanding of business functions (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Team player
- Degree in Business Management or relevant field
Looking to hire C-suite executives? Check our list with the best job boards for executives.
Related job titles include: